Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Research, research, research

Well since I posted last I have done some research on what exactly KM could be in our lives. So far I have really enjoyed what I see. The social aspects of life has potential to really change the way we live. We are becoming so connected with each others lives that sociological laws and boundaries are shifting to accommodate the number of people we can be connected with. After digging around a little (no pun intended) I found some Knowledge Management websites that I found to be really great concepts. I listed my favorites as links on the right side bar of the blog, you should all check them out.

I also have to say that these are really great sites that I use on a regular basis, with the exception of Twitter, and I think most people do too. All of these sites approach KM in a different way. But a common thread among them is that all of the "noise" from different areas comes together to create knowledge at the end. Whether it be knowledge about news on the internet from Digg , knowledge about friends on Facebook , or knowledge about traveling on Wikitravel , they ALL involve organizing messy tacit knowledge into a way we can sift through the madness. Since people use these resources by choice, there is a huge incentive for the authors to entice its users in by constantly making them better. They also can change as the technology changes, much like the open source networks. The future of these sites and the new ones being created every day leave the world of KM at our fingertips. But it leaves us open to the question, how long will it take for our society to be COMPLETELY dependent on communicating through them 24/7?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Add LinkedIn to your list of sites...and please go ahead and add me to your network! It is the business equivalent to Facebook's social network.